- Die Kuranda Scenic Railway in Australien
The railway line runs through the spectacular tropical landscape of the Barron Gorge National Park, through tunnels and over bridges and abrupt gorges. Often times the train passes so close to impressive waterfalls that the spray splatters onto the train’s carriages.
- The Argo Gede Railway Line in Indonesia
The three hours from Jakarta to Bandung lead through green, tropical river valleys and into the steep mountains. From the Cikurutug high bridge the view extends far into the country and over the green fields. In 2002 there was a derailment on the line, but luckily there were no deaths.
- The Outeniqua Choo-Tjoe train in South Africa
A derailment occurred as soon as it opened in 1908, but the line has become significantly safer since then. The route along the cliffs on the Indian Ocean is nevertheless breathtaking, especially from the Kaimaans Bridge.
- The Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railway in New Mexico, United States
Since 1880, the railway line has been winding its way from the starting point in Chama into the mountains, over wooden bridges and through tight curves. On the Toltec Pass, it reaches a height of 10,015 feet, a good 3,000 meters. This is the highest pass that a railway line can reach in the USA !
- The Tren a las Nubes in Argentina
Literally translated this means “The train to the clouds.” From Valta in northwest Argentina to La Polvorilla on the border with Chile, it goes through 21 tunnels, over 13 bridges, through switchbacks and 360 degree curves. The construction period lasted from 1921 to 1948!
- The railway line from Lynton to Lynmouth Cliff in England
Between the towns of Lynton and Lynmouth, the route goes through the otherwise lovely English landscape along a spectacular cliff that is over 150 meters high. The very idea that the train could derail makes the blood freeze!
- The White Pass and Yukon Route in Alaska
The railway line was built in 1898 during the Klondike gold rush. It goes over 20 miles along cliffs and mountains that reach an altitude of 3,000 meters. Today 450,000 people visit the impressive route every year, which is listed as the “International Landmark of Engineering”.
- The route from Chennai to Ramesvaram in India
To get to the island of Ramesvaran you have to take this railway line. With a length of just around two kilometers, it is extremely short, but it leads through the rocky coastal landscape and then bridges a strait with dangerous currents and strong winds.
- The Georgetown Loop Railroad in Colorado, United States
The railroad line was built during a Colorado silver rush in the late 19th century. It leads through untouched landscapes. The wooden 33 meter high Devil’s Gate High Bridge looks like it is about to collapse with every train. But so far everything has gone well.
The Aso Southern Route in Japan
Along the active volcano Aso on the southern island of Kyushu, the southern route is popular with tourists. The rides in November are particularly spectacular when the dry grass on the slopes of the mountain is ignited. Then there are special night trains to watch the spectacle.
- Austria Tour Plan
- Botswana Travel Guide
- Cambodia Travel Package
- China Travel Guide
- Congo an Adventure in The Heart of Africa
- Emigration to Ecuador
- France Law and Unions
- Greenland Tour Plan
- Indonesia Travel Guide
- Japan Industry and Transportation
- Kosovo Travel Overview
- Latvia Geography
- Latvia Overview
- Lithuania Major Cities
- Montenegro Travel Guide
- Namibia Dunes Safaris and Charming Cities
- Nicaragua Travel Guide
- Pakistan Politics
- Peru Hike On The Inca Trail
- Riga Latvia
- Russian Arts Since 1992
- Rwanda The Land of a Thousand Hills
- Spain Travel Guide
- The Most Beautiful National Parks in Asia
- Top 5 Capital Cities in Asia
- Travel Story From Sri Lanka
- Turkey Travel Guide
- United Kingdom Travel Guide
- Faison, North Carolina September 18, 2023 - Located in Duplin County, North Carolina, Faison is a small town nestled in the southeastern part of the state. With a total area of approximately 1 square mile, Faison is… Read more
- Fairview, North Carolina September 11, 2023 - According to etaizhou, Fairview, North Carolina is a small town nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Located in Buncombe County, Fairview is approximately 10 miles southeast of Asheville, the largest… Read more
- Fairmont, North Carolina September 4, 2023 - According to aviationopedia, Located in Robeson County, Fairmont is a small town in the southeastern part of North Carolina. Situated in the Coastal Plain region of the state, Fairmont is… Read more
- Engelhard, North Carolina August 28, 2023 - According to usvsukenglish, Engelhard is a small town located in Hyde County, North Carolina. Situated on the mainland, Engelhard is surrounded by various bodies of water, making it a unique… Read more
- Elm City, North Carolina August 21, 2023 - According to theinternetfaqs, Elm City is a small town located in Wilson County, North Carolina. Situated in the eastern part of the state, Elm City is surrounded by beautiful landscapes… Read more
- Efland, North Carolina August 14, 2023 - According to eshaoxing, Efland is a small community located in Orange County, North Carolina. Situated in the heart of the Piedmont region, the geography of Efland is characterized by rolling… Read more
- Edward, North Carolina August 7, 2023 - According to sciencedict, Edward, North Carolina is a small town located in the southeastern part of the state. Nestled in the heart of the coastal plain region, the town is… Read more
- Leeds, North Dakota July 31, 2023 - According to psyknowhow, Leeds, North Dakota, is a small town located in the central part of the state. Situated in Benson County, it is surrounded by the beautiful landscapes of… Read more
- Edenton, North Carolina July 24, 2023 - According to photionary, Edenton, North Carolina, is a picturesque town located in Chowan County in the northeastern part of the state. Nestled on the shores of the Albemarle Sound, Edenton… Read more
- Drexel, North Carolina July 17, 2023 - According to watchtutorials.org, Drexel, North Carolina is a small town located in Burke County in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The town is situated in the Catawba River… Read more