- Die Kuranda Scenic Railway in Australien
The railway line runs through the spectacular tropical landscape of the Barron Gorge National Park, through tunnels and over bridges and abrupt gorges. Often times the train passes so close to impressive waterfalls that the spray splatters onto the train’s carriages.
- The Argo Gede Railway Line in Indonesia
The three hours from Jakarta to Bandung lead through green, tropical river valleys and into the steep mountains. From the Cikurutug high bridge the view extends far into the country and over the green fields. In 2002 there was a derailment on the line, but luckily there were no deaths.
- The Outeniqua Choo-Tjoe train in South Africa
A derailment occurred as soon as it opened in 1908, but the line has become significantly safer since then. The route along the cliffs on the Indian Ocean is nevertheless breathtaking, especially from the Kaimaans Bridge.
- The Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railway in New Mexico, United States
Since 1880, the railway line has been winding its way from the starting point in Chama into the mountains, over wooden bridges and through tight curves. On the Toltec Pass, it reaches a height of 10,015 feet, a good 3,000 meters. This is the highest pass that a railway line can reach in the USA !
- The Tren a las Nubes in Argentina
Literally translated this means “The train to the clouds.” From Valta in northwest Argentina to La Polvorilla on the border with Chile, it goes through 21 tunnels, over 13 bridges, through switchbacks and 360 degree curves. The construction period lasted from 1921 to 1948!
- The railway line from Lynton to Lynmouth Cliff in England
Between the towns of Lynton and Lynmouth, the route goes through the otherwise lovely English landscape along a spectacular cliff that is over 150 meters high. The very idea that the train could derail makes the blood freeze!
- The White Pass and Yukon Route in Alaska
The railway line was built in 1898 during the Klondike gold rush. It goes over 20 miles along cliffs and mountains that reach an altitude of 3,000 meters. Today 450,000 people visit the impressive route every year, which is listed as the “International Landmark of Engineering”.
- The route from Chennai to Ramesvaram in India
To get to the island of Ramesvaran you have to take this railway line. With a length of just around two kilometers, it is extremely short, but it leads through the rocky coastal landscape and then bridges a strait with dangerous currents and strong winds.
- The Georgetown Loop Railroad in Colorado, United States
The railroad line was built during a Colorado silver rush in the late 19th century. It leads through untouched landscapes. The wooden 33 meter high Devil’s Gate High Bridge looks like it is about to collapse with every train. But so far everything has gone well.
The Aso Southern Route in Japan
Along the active volcano Aso on the southern island of Kyushu, the southern route is popular with tourists. The rides in November are particularly spectacular when the dry grass on the slopes of the mountain is ignited. Then there are special night trains to watch the spectacle.
- Austria Tour Plan
- Botswana Travel Guide
- Cambodia Travel Package
- China Travel Guide
- Congo an Adventure in The Heart of Africa
- Emigration to Ecuador
- France Law and Unions
- Greenland Tour Plan
- Indonesia Travel Guide
- Japan Industry and Transportation
- Kosovo Travel Overview
- Latvia Geography
- Latvia Overview
- Lithuania Major Cities
- Montenegro Travel Guide
- Namibia Dunes Safaris and Charming Cities
- Nicaragua Travel Guide
- Pakistan Politics
- Peru Hike On The Inca Trail
- Riga Latvia
- Russian Arts Since 1992
- Rwanda The Land of a Thousand Hills
- Spain Travel Guide
- The Most Beautiful National Parks in Asia
- Top 5 Capital Cities in Asia
- Travel Story From Sri Lanka
- Turkey Travel Guide
- United Kingdom Travel Guide
- Travel to Bahamas February 13, 2023 - The climate of the Bahamas The climate is tropical trade winds in the north and subtropical in the south. The average summer temperature is +26...+32 °C. On the southern islands… Read more
- Things to Do in Saudi Arabia February 6, 2023 - Entertainment, excursions and attractions in Saudi Arabia 95% of foreigners go to Saudi Arabia in order to touch the most ancient Muslim shrines, but the land inhabited since the 2nd… Read more
- Entertainment and Attractions in Amsterdam, Netherlands December 26, 2022 - According to Clothesbliss, Amsterdam is a city of canals with over 600 bridges. Whatever one may say, one cannot pass by these important waterways in the capital of Holland. And… Read more
- Eisenhower Expressway, Illinois December 12, 2022 - I-290 Get started Schaumburg End Chicago Length 48 km Route → Naperville / Moline→ Milwaukee / Gary Hillside Mannheim Road Bellwood Maywood Broadview North Riverside Forest Park Berwyn Oak… Read more
- Khiva, Uzbekistan December 5, 2022 - The ancient city of Khiva was once the center and the most beautiful place of the Khorezm Khanate. Its rich heritage, which has survived to this day, makes Khiva one… Read more
- Schaffhausen, Switzerland November 28, 2022 - Schaffhausen is the capital of the Swiss canton of the same name and the northernmost city of the confederation. Despite the small size of watches, chocolate and cheese even by… Read more
- History of Western Sahara November 25, 2022 - Western Sahara ( Arabic : الصحرة الغربية As-Ṣaḥrā' al-Ġarbiyyah), formerly the Spanish Sahara (or Saguia el Hamra y Río de Oro ), is a country in the Sahara Desert south… Read more
- Atyrau, Kazakhstan November 21, 2022 - Atyrau is a city that stands right on the border of Europe with Asia. This symbolic border for many years passed along the bridge over the Ural River. And although… Read more
- Attractions in Beijing, China November 14, 2022 - According to Andy Education, the capital of the People's Republic of China is located in the north of the country. The densely populated city of Beijing is one of the… Read more
- Sights of Rhone-Alpes, France November 7, 2022 - The Rhône-Alpes region is located in the southwestern part of France. In the western part of the province lies the Massif Central and in the east of the province the… Read more